Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Education on Lights

Today was a day of recovery -- from flying, from life, and a return to normalcy. A good morning of release and getting caught up on work, then a visit to Fayetteville. It was HOT as hell there, which is occasionally shocking that it can be that warm there, even when it is hot in Morrisville.

On the way home, I had a great couple calls, and a wonderful few minutes of hope about that part of my heart. Then tonight, I went to a great class on fashion photography taught by my friend Fran's former roommate. I will say that it was probably the most helpful couple hours about lighting, and how it impacts great photography, that I had ever had. The use of backlights to provide form, additional light to show the hair and how lightboxes, barndoors, and filters to provide a better scene.

Flash, and lights, are an aspect of photography that I have not yet ventured too far into, mainly out of fear. But tonight, I was inspired to try something new.

D300 20mm f/3.5 1/15 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers