Monday, June 21, 2010

Noise

There's a lot of noise in this picture, and frankly in my head. Noise, in the digital photograph world, means that the ISO is set too high (for the purpose of capturing more light in an otherwise dark photograph), but the impact is that the pixels in the picture are very, very obvious. The lack of clarity makes the need for light such a bad trade-off that you don't really know what to make of it.


Sounds like about half of my waking thoughts. But I liked what a co-worker shared today about two conversations happening at once -- one that you hear and the other that is going on in the person's head. It makes me sad that we can't just say what we want, what we mean, and stop being afraid of that which we cannot control. "i really believe that love is simple, but then fear creates jealously and distrust and makes us do stupid things..." It is sad that I can see that noise in my own life in the past, and to a degree in the present about things from the past.

Clear the noise, make way for the clarity -- don't sacrifice light for obscureness, in photographs or in life.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers