Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chauffeur

Today was a day of driving over 100 miles for the purpose of serving as the personal driver for two children.


The day started with delivering Mary Kathryn to a bat mitzvah in Durham (yes, I still think about the first one I ever attended...), then a trip to Target for Drew to buy his boy Noah a birthday present. Then Drew was safely delivered to Noah's house for his adventure to Great Wolf Lodge. Then I returned back to the synagogue to pick up MK so that I could take her to Target (do you see a trend here?)... But it was probably the best part of my day since I got to help her pick out what she was going to wear to the party, which was affirming that she felt comfortable shopping with me and receiving my opinion in such a positive way. I am (NOT) sure that it will always be this way...

After a lunch with her cross-country team (which I was not allowed t0 attend), I took her to Caroline's house so they could get ready for the bat mitzvah party and I went home for a nap. Mind you, we left my place at 9:15 or so and I got home at 4:45. I was more tired than I am from a day of talking to clients or prospects... After the nap, some fun at the pool, Chinese food and then home before I went to get her from the Kings Daughters' Home/Inn in Durham.

Tonight's pic is from the exterior of the bed & breakfast and a nice representation of the architecture of the building...

Big anniversary coming up next week - the first photos I took on this journey were on June 12, 2009. Looking forward to celebrating...

D300 65mm f/5.0 1/1.2 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers