Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday in Chicago

Woke up a bit hung over this AM... great time with the NCAHU folks, sat at the bar and talked business for a couple hours and then to bed. Too many beers, but not hurting too bad. Just needed some ever present water and a number of tylenols...


Funny how you go out of town and all you do is work the entire time. Today, I probably worked like I rarely can at home since I have meetings all the time. But you have to love the views in this town.

I have been asked too many times: so do you like Chicago or New York better. I am not sure I have an answer to that question. I like each of them in different ways. I love the architecture in this town -- lots of diversity, and always an interest in building something new or different. The views along the river (which is more like a canal than a river) are great. The town is more compact and, because of pure luck of the draw, the weather is incredible. NYC always stinks this time of year.

But I love the city in a different way. It always makes me think of Matt & Ann, Thanksgiving, cupcakes from Magnolia and the way it is such a different place in so many ways. I could live in Manhattan and never could live in this town. Cold takes on an entirely different meaning in the other half of the year. But Chicago is good for a visit for sure.

Found this on a friend's blog today:

love to love
it's simple and true. i love my family, i love animals, friends, partners, romance, all the sweet delights in life. i love to give love and who doesn't love feeling loved?

"Love is a fire and I am wood."~Rumi

we are drawn to love because that is what we all crave more of. and we crave love because that is what WE are made of! love brings us to our true nature. we are consumed by it because we want to know who we really are, and love allows us to experience that...

We are all challenged in what we think and what we do. We do the right thing more often than we don't, and yet can never deny the draw of our heart. Why then do we walk away from it when it is right there? Too many reasons.

Have a blessed evening...and thanks for the chat tonight.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers