Thursday, June 3, 2010

Simple Beauty

Tonight's first photo is Mary Kathryn at tonight's celebration for Dr. Gerald Boarman's retirement as Chancellor of the NC School of Science and Math. Mary Kathryn had to dress up, but only so much since she refused to change out of Eli's shoes...It was wonderful to see the reaction of folks at the reception to both of them, but particularly Mary Kathryn being at my side, speaking so eloquently about a book, or the summer, or her sincere desire to attend NCSSM in the future.

Walking out the reception, she stopped by the simple column on the porch and began to subtlety pose. When I was clueless to her signals, she simply asked: "Dad, can you take my picture?" I was lucky to have such a beautiful model this evening.


---

I got to enjoy beauty in a different way today in a different package -- beautiful hands, a unique ring, a well-made shirt and the way the silk knots in her french cuffs brought it all together-- which was striking in an entirely different way. There was plenty more I could have photographed, this to me, but watching her talk so eloquently with her hands was the epitome of a few hours shared at the lunch table.

Steadfast in my thoughts, in my heart, in my life, and in the journey. Open to what will come next.

D300 31mm f/5.6 1/250 ISO 400


0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers