Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday: Props

Took some model photographs today, and tried out some of the new things I learned about light, and flashes in particular, and I feel better about what I have learned.


Today's photo shoot used this muscle car as the prop. One thing I have learned from taking model pics in the last few weeks is that a model always looks better in context, and even better with a prop. Sometimes the prop is something simple, like a flower or some object, occasionally it is something that sets the scene as this car did, and then it turns out that from time to time, the prop is just another person -- usually in the case with models, a good looking, but obviously shallow, man.

Sad how much that reminds me how little I seem to enjoy taking these pictures. Some of the people involved (to be clear, not everyone is like this) have huge egos, and are ultimately easily influenced by how good a picture of them comes out. It becomes something that makes me have to accept the intellectual challenge is something I have to seek in nearly every setting in my life.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers