Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What do you make of...

...an unexpected phone call, a long day spent with friends in the industry, waking up tired, and ready to get back to work and on the road.


I love Symposium because of the energy I get when I am around people that do what I do. I love the time, the people, the social and the business aspects of this time. I've long called these three days "old home week" for people in the insurance industry in our state because at our core, we are mostly all friends. A LOT of alcohol is consumed in these few days by the people here, but that is also the nature of our personalities.

It also highlights to me the importance of professional associations. We can learn a lot and collectively have a lot of influence when working together.

My day ended with a long, unexpected call, which was nice, and a lot more, but that is what it is. I can't change how I feel or what will happen. A good friend is going through something similar to what I did a year ago, and his uncertainty and certainty, have been inspiring. To read his words brought a wonderful smile to my face. Drew, brother, stick with what got you here, it's a good thing.

D300 35mm f/8 1/200 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers