Sunday, April 18, 2010

So many wonders

Got the kids to their grandfather's house for a little birthday celebration for him this morning. I had the blessed opportunity to capture this photo of a bright new flower's expression of attraction and hope for continuing its existence.


I am amazed by flowers, and how beautiful they are, at their smallest parts to the view from the road. As I was driving back this morning with the kids, the absolutely shockingly bright splashes of color from the thousands of azaleas. The bright reds, purples, whites covering the bushes in so many yards -- from houses to columns to mobile homes -- was a refreshing sight throughout the drive.

Didn't get the hike in, or very much work done, but that's ok... a long nap to help my back to get unsprung, and some time with the kids this evening.

Watched the end of Cast Away tonight. The scenes after his return, and so many other pieces of the movie struck me. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never calculate away love.

D300 180mm f/8 1/640 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers