Friday, April 2, 2010

A Good Friday

A great day, despite not catching up on sleep (don't think I ever will so I should stop trying)...


Some work done this AM and then a great couple hours taking photographs at Duke Gardens. Grabbed the kids and headed south for our Easter adventure. Survived six hours of front seat disapproval for my driving style or method of trying to find a hotel, and watched the washed out son as he recovered from a day of strep and a fever... When Drew is sick, he is so pitiful, and completely loveable.

While my time at Duke Gardens was great fun, the best scene I saw today was across Lake Marion as the sun was setting. It was breath-taking and an amazing reminder of how simple beauty can be portrayed. The sun, and the water overwhelmed the ugly concrete causeway that tried to distract, and it was well worth the momentary sadness I felt for not being able to capture it.

We lay our heads in Brunswick GA.... sleep well, friends.

D300 85mm f/8 1/800 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers