Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Morning has broken...


I woke up at 6:00 this morning, and rolled over to read the paper on George (the name we gave the iPad) and then walked out onto the patio to see the early morning light. The moon was beautiful and the beginning of light was bringing a broad range of color to the horizon.

I sneaked out the room (the kids were still asleep) and went out on the beach to see if I could get the sun as it rose out of the water... I sat there for 20 minutes, admiring the large group down the beach preparing to celebrate the sunrise for Easter, and the cute couple whose picture I took while an elderly couple sauntered down the beach behind them. Another person was sitting in a beach chair, reading in Mark and having her own private service. I stopped to pray and to watch in wonder as the first slivers of light rose above the water. At that moment, it seemed obvious why we believed we were the center of the universe, and that nearly every ancient society figured that only a god could bring that light out of the ocean to warm and brighten each day. And it was true, only God could.

The rest of the day could not have been better (well... never mind). MK and I went down to the beach while Drew slowly woke up, we all enjoyed a few minutes in the pool and moved up the island to another hotel before heading to Kennedy Space Center. That time was good, but exhausting. We dragged out butts through dinner and then I sat in the whirlpool while the kids played in the otherwise empty pool. It was music to hear them laugh, instead of fight (ugh), and to come in to showers and immediate sleep...

Tomorrow we wake early to watch Discovery rush into the sky and then we will travel home.

Yes, today was Easter, and it was a gift that I was blessed to enjoy.

D300 24mm f/11 1/20 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers