Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Delicate

Still tired from 10.5 hours of driving, over 650 miles yesterday, to return the kids to their mother from our trip to Florida. Eight stops, but the wonder of spending time with them (even in the car) still makes me appreciative of being an observer and a participant in their growth as individuals.


This dogwood flower, caught in the dead of night, reminded me how delicate everything is in our lives. This bloom is in final days before the leaves push away the petals and allow the life of the tree to be sustained through sunlight and photosynthesis and continued through pollination.

How similar our friendships, and love, are to this. Both are made stronger with simple honesty and being authentic in who you are, and not allowing perceptions to override who you truly are. Sadly, I have learned these lessons, by never knowing that it was the only way to be. Now I grow on...and love lingers in my heart, as delicate as anything I've ever thought possible.

D300 300mm f/5.6 1/20 ISO 200 (flash at 30%)

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers