Saturday, April 24, 2010

Museum

A crazy day... actually slept a little late, and then woke up to discover I needed to take MK to her soccer game since Mr. Drew was not feeling well again. :-( He is undoubtedly one of the most pitiful sick people I know. When I saw him in the AM, he was so adorable that I just wanted to hold him and hug him.


MK's soccer coach is a good dude. Hudson has been with these girls for years, and has taught them so much about the game and confidence and teamwork. And then at the same time, the girls on that team totally control him. It's so much fun to watch... He told one of the girls that she was going in goal for the second half. She stopped on the edge of the field and just looked at him. And kept looking at it him. After about 20 seconds of this, he asked another to play goal.

Afterwards, MK and I went to the youth event called "Wattsstock," inspired by Woodstock to raise money for their annual summer mission trip. It was held on the Lutz's farm in Orange County and was a great deal of fun. I helped park cars, check people in and... unsurprising, take pictures. But it was a great event... makes me so glad to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Then tonight, went to the re-opening of the NC Museum of Art. What a great new facility... I have developed such a love for walking around art museums, and to see what grabs me. So many nice pieces of art, and the design fits it all so well. But in a wide collection, I am always surprised by the unexpected. After it was pointed out to me, this mounted head, and its shadows, were a remarkable display to catch one's eyes.

What's tomorrow going to bring? Who knows? But it's tomorrow, right?

D90 70mm f/4.5 1/30 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers