Saturday, April 3, 2010

Camouflage

Woke up in GA and fall asleep tonight in Cocoa Beach, FL. What a fabulous day — Drew, Mary Kathryn and I went to the Jacksonville Zoo and saw an amazing collection of animals and frankly reminded what a wonder there is in nature... Watching Drew and MK take about a million pics and adding a few of my own was very rewarding. The confidence I felt about my art after looking through today's clicks was greater than I ever thought possible.


After a nice lunch with a friend of their mother's in Daytona, we made it to Cocoa Beach and got settled. Had a great hour in the pool, and we were on the periphery of a number of pre-shuttle launch parties in our hotel. The kids and I are excited about watching the shuttle go up on Monday morning, and got the word that the likelihood of an on-time launch is about 90%, which is great news. Now we just have to figure out where we will watch the launch.

Today I purchased an iPad, and it is about the coolest tech tool I've bought in about three months (and if you take the Droid out, at least three years). Bought a couple books for it and I look forward to reading the newspaper in the morning and those books to confirm what I already think... I really think it's better than the iPhone.

The photo tonight was a reflection of a number of thoughts in my head about who we are, and who we allow others to see us to be. There are so many things to love about this picture, from my perspective, from color to abstraction to metaphorical qualities.

I will leave you with this homily by my friend Matthew Heyd, who summarized it on his Facebook page today as "impossible situations, reconciliation, and the story beginning again." I listened to it and wept... to hear his soothing voice and fine words were a great comfort, and the best way to start the Saturday before the resurrection.

D300 35mm f/2.8 1/20 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers