Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Peach of a Day

I always love the peach... it makes me realize how whimsical some places can be. Gaffney's peach water tower is one of the most mocked (but I think secretly admired) aspects of the drive from NC to Atlanta. Today, as I was driving north from Greenville, SC, rushing from one meeting to another, I passed it running a bit over 80 mph and just smiled.


Little things like that along the road always make me smile. I love to see the roadside tomato (or fruit, or peanut, or Christmas tree) stand. I rarely stop (which I really should resolve to change), but I so appreciate the value of the really retail experience involved in possessing a little piece of land for the purpose of selling your goods. It's one the greatest losses from traveling on the interstate.

Another long day on the road. Something about going to Charlotte still makes me a little sad. Oh well... nothing to be done about it today.

Hope you are well.

iPhone (v1) camera

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers