Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Torn between the real world and the divine

Watching "Angels and Demons" tonight (after catching up on Lost -- what an addiction), I heard this quote and realized how much this photo made me understand how the real world can present such insight into the divine.


I taught a class on photography for my church tonight, which was fun. I was rushed getting there and was a bit late (which I hate — one of my most favorite changes from the last twelve months is that I am almost never late for anything), but it was fun to talk about the light triangle, and to share my own development as a photographer. I find that teaching may be my real passion, and it is something I really must figure out how to hone and develop.

Drew's love has become so strong, and is something that I cherish when given the chance to enjoy. Tonight, I watched him and two friends chase a rabbit (a literal one, not the one that we ADD-types usually chase) and then build a hatchet with slate, sticks and twine loaned from a friend. He was careful, and was most proud of striking the slate in such a perfect way, and at the end, the young girl who had loaned him the twine offered to pay him a dollar for the slate ax. He is such an amazing young man.

In my thoughts many times today...

D300 55mm f/2.8 1/15 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers