Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Grocery Run

I love a late night grocery run when I am on the road. Today's hours on the road -- to Charlotte, then to Hickory and now in Huntersville, were productive, but the late night snack sometimes must be sated.


So after I walked back into my room (and it was hot as hell -- I hate uni-temperature hotel rooms), I decided I needed a few items from Lowes Foods. So I grabbed a few staples:

1. my beloved Diet Pepsi, which remains the one liquid exception to my water rule.

2. smartwater in a 1.5 L bottle. The container is nearly unwieldy, and they fill the damn things up the very top (resulted in a few precious drops being spilled every time I open one), but I love it almost as good as Fuji, for a fraction of the cost. One of my short-term objectives is to be able to open a bottle of their water without spilling it -- which I believe will require Drew's engineering skills and the patience of someone I don't know.

3. pink lady apples. Mary Kathryn is responsible for introducing me to these wonders of the sweet and sour mix. They are so very yummy and crisp -- don't turn easily brown, but are not so tart that they make you pucker up like Granny Smith's do. It will be a perfectly refreshing way to start my morning...

4. parmesan romano cheese. It was the smallest piece I could find -- and it was still $8 -- but it really is one of those guilty pleasures I have. I love to buy a block and then eat little chunks off of it for a few days. It's so wonderfully salty, and shreds in my mouth, but jeez... there's nothing else like it when I have that craving.

So $20 later (bought extras for my day tomorrow), I am well set for the evening and tomorrow. I just hope the open windows diminish this heat, and the body and mind slow down enough to sleep well tonight. Being in a Residence Inn reminds me too much of those post-Gboro days...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers