Sunday, November 7, 2010

Waking up with a cut finger

I do not remember how I cut my finger... Last night, I took on the responsibility of carving the pork after it came off grill to help, and I swear I do not remember the slice of my own flesh in the process. But this morning I can certainly feel it.


This morning's transition from daylight savings time to standard time was more difficult than usual. I slept horribly, and was so restless throughout the night. It was miserable, and the pain medicine refused to kick in and bring some peace to my knee.

This morning's conversation in Sunday School was actually pretty interesting, mainly about Paul discussing the need for Christians to submit to government authorities and how subtle and complex his message could be viewed. I struggle with the conspiracy theorists that believe Muslims are taking over the world. Today's example was how certain courts have applied Sharia law to overturn the conviction of a man who had raped his wife and how horrible it was that it occurred. When I pointed out that most courts in America did the same thing through the 1970's, there was complete silence. Those pesky details...

Loved something said to me today about recipes: "recipes ... can have a lot of meaning... giving up a secret - sharing it, entrusting it; recipes represent time and place and... this could be an interesting conversation. It is a major gesture for me to share this recipe with her." An insight to the very act of sharing that had escaped me, so thanks...

A good nap, and a little work done tonight. But I need to get some Neosporin™ on it...

1 comments:

Anonymous February 2, 2023 at 1:01 PM  

Please delete a post

Blogs I Read

Followers