Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Sitting at my sister's house in Granite Falls this evening, and my mom is calling for me to come out to take a picture of the horizon as the sun sets. So I grabbed the camera, and rushed out and was rewarded with a couple cool snaps...


Made me think about last Thanksgiving, when I got a call at the end of the day from my good friend Caroline to walk out and look at the sky. I spent 30 minutes to get the sky just right that afternoon, and the work required to get it how it truly was in that moment was some of the most complex work I ever did -- balancing the equipment, the settings, how I was holding the camera, and trying to get it done in the little bit of time I had -- resulted in one of the cooler pics of God's artistry.

So tonight I remembered that night, and all the other things balanced in my head and my heart then, and was glad to be with family tonight and tomorrow.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers