Friday, November 19, 2010

Midnight Movie

Tonight is the first part of the movie for the seventh Harry Potter book... wow, that's a mouthful. Quick review: damn good! Not too much of a mirror of the book, but enough to be very pleased with their ability to capture the essence of this first half of a very large book.


I'm sure that the ex won't be happy with my decision to share the movie experience in this way, but it is well worth it for them... MK would never have allowed me not to go and Drew didn't deserve to be told he's too young.

He said something so... Drew today. As we were discussing some bullies at school who are messing with his friends, and other people in his life that he struggles with their inconsistent behavior. I asked him about those situations and why he could be combative at times, but most of the time he seems pretty calm and laid back with some people. He just looked at me and said: "I have this rule. If you show me respect, I will give you respect." Pretty damn insightful.


I was productive mostly today, but some issues with Microsoft Outlook 2011 are about to drive me mad... er, madder. More mad? Jeannie? A sudden crash on Wednesday morning resulted in the failure to operate that program ever since. Quite annoying. Odd how addicted we get to be with these little tools... Makes me feel like a tool, not the craftsman.

Going to bed, with little planned this weekend. Probably going to Seagrove on Sunday with my parents and otherwise going to just lay low and rest.

I may go see "Due Date" to see how good it was....

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers