Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scooting home...

Home tonight, via Alexandria, Richmond and the edge of Durham... I greatly enjoyed my practice of nice dinners while on the road. Tonight it was La Grotta in Richmond, an old, very successful Italian restaurant below street level in the Shockoe Slip area of downtown. Food was great -- had a prix fixe that was wonderful, and a decent glass of wine before tackling the last two hours of my drive home.


Got to Richmond early enough to walk around, and really enjoyed the Capitol grounds. You get the feel that the place was designed to be the capital of a country... oh wait, that was attempted, wasn't it?

The boredom of the drive home was mitigated by a fascinating conversation about catching mice in your house when you're allergic to cats. Certainly an interesting problem to have, especially when you are deathly afraid of the mice. I dislike them in general because of the teeth and those little shrunken hands they have... It's a little freaky, ya know?

Richmond is beautiful, and wished I had gotten more time to drive around Alexandria. Maybe next time.

I did realize how lucky I am to be able to travel from Savannah to NoVa with work and never have to feel stuck in one place. I would give it up in a minute in the right situation, but it is a freeing experience to be able to enjoy wonderful places like the wheres I travel... I am very blessed accordingly.

Tomorrow the kids return to me and the wedding weekend starts. Some significant stress about Saturday, but I know the kids are looking forward to seeing Uncle Gene get married. I have to pick up my tux and get my hair cut so there are things to be done. Just got to them done.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers