Saturday, October 16, 2010

Colors and Texture

Today was a glorious day, full of fresh, cold air, the comfort of an agenda, and the refreshing surprises that always arise. Valle Country Fair's amazing offerings of arts and crafts were nice as always -- with a couple of my stand-bys delivering. I bought a beautiful wood bowl/sculpture from a guy who's always there, and a couple pieces of pottery.


Captured a handful of pictures reflecting texture, but really liked this one.

The Woolly Worm Festival was usual mass of humanity, with little of interest. Drew didn't want to wace a worm, and has outgrown all of the kiddie games. That, along with his continued cough, and the cool in the air, caused us to run home to rest. I started my day VERY early because sleeping with the abominable sleep monster in a full-sized bed is something I can no longer do... so I needed a nap.

My mom said something this morning, reflecting on the past twelve months, and undoubtedly remembering that a year ago tonight, my niece was killed by a drunk driver. Her words were a good summary of how I've felt: "We've gone through the motions of living for the past year." So very true...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers