Monday, October 11, 2010

Moonstruck...

Drew has pneumonia... the state of his health has gotten considerably worse over the last few days, with his temperature staying in the 104-105 range since Friday, and after he was assaulted with the flu swab today by his doctor, and x-rayed, the diagnosis was reached. I went by his mom's tonight to see him for a few and he looked so pitiful... His usually lively eyes, drooping a bit, struggling to just try to match his regular energy, and yet won't let go of my arm. God, it just reminded me how much I carry him around in my pocket every day.

A long yet productive day, with meetings, a long debate with a client about politics and the state of the world, lunch with an old friend at Lucky 32's in Cary, and playing catch-up on work that has been outstanding, and getting most of it accomplished. Tomorrow I am speaking in Mt. Airy early in the morning so I will be on the road early and then off to fit in other appointments and calls where I can. Maybe lunch in Gboro, or stop in Burlington to see David Moore... we'll see what motivates me.

Tonight, I came out of a long three-hour work session, and found the moon, in its early crescent, hanging there, near the trees, with jets flying into the sky (and their comet-like tails lit by the long-set sun), and I was struck by her again. She captivates me, captures my heart for a moment, and leaves me wanting to imagine her surface that few have walked upon... her million-year dance with us, the waltz leaving us remembering the pattern but too distracted by her beauty to keep us from moving our feet as we should. I was glad for the new cycle...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers