Friday, December 3, 2010

They're playing bas-ket-ball...

Tonight was Drew's first basketball game of the season... it was a lot of fun to watch the boys play, learning some plays, defenses, and the general level of excitement each bring to the game. Drew jumped lots, stayed in position mostly, rebounded pretty well and left with a wet head. Pretty much a typical day in the sporting life of my son.


His coach is one of my favorite people -- a friend named Mark Grant, and to watch his intensity and drive to get these young men to play together, and keep them organized, was a lot of fun. A friend of mine who didn't know that I knew Mark said: "their coach is all business." I just smiled -- believe me, I know that. He and his wife, Denise, are such great people, and good friends, and I was glad to see Drew under his tutelage on the court tonight.

Long day at work -- had to deal with management and personnel issues, and I truly dislike that part of my job. But you know -- it's absolutely necessary some times...

I go to sleep with a 10 year old boy playing games on the Wii, and two thirteen-year-old girls making plans to take over the world. I am a little frightened for what I will wake up to...

I close tonight with a mention of an article written about my friend, and favorite bartender, Annabelle, from Watts Grocery. She's subtle, and strong, and always made me laugh. I'll have to stop by again soon to check on the crew...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers