Monday, December 27, 2010

The Monday After Christmas...

...will always be a bittersweet day to me. Two years ago, I woke up with one plan for my day, and another fell into place. Today, thinking back on it, I can tell you a lot about some of it, but I cannot piece some facts together. I know that I regret my failure to take care of myself, and yet I am thankful that I went through four days at Duke because it was the wake-up call I desperately needed. But it was one of many wake-up calls I received, and other things that occurred that fateful morning set up a number of the changes that came in the weeks and months that followed. But it never makes me happy.


It was the Monday after Christmas, and probably the best Christmas I have had as an adult. This day is a perspective day for me -- like March 23 -- and one that the day on the calendar will rarely matter. It will always be the Monday after Christmas.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers