Friday, December 10, 2010

Knoxville

Had meetings and went to a party with a friend tonight in Knoxville. It is a town with which I have a number of associations... The first time I ever went there was the World's Fair in 1982. It was so odd to have such a big deal in a town so close to where I grew up. There was this incredible collection of sights of the world -- from the US to China, Japan and Britain. There was a true "fair" feeling to it as well -- with rides, and the carnival and the Sunsphere (which I had forgotten what it was called until I looked it up on Wikipedia). It was very magical in a number of ways. And odd to remember that it actually occurred.


I did visit Knoxville in my college search, and have a number of friends who went to UTK... My current conflict about them is way too complex to explain. But the big golden ball this morning, set against the gray sky, was a good reflection of the uncertainty I felt.

But the sales meeting was very good, and the dinner party with so many people I didn't know was even better -- even though the wine was way, way too good... It was good to see an old friend, and to begin this season.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers