Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flying Overhead

Tonight, as I was returning from Cleveland, and flying back into Tri-Cities, I made sure to have my camera in my lap because of the flight pattern from Charlotte across the mountains.


As we were climbing, I looked out and saw the steam rising from the Catawba Nuclear Power Plant. I think I heard somewhere that they use 6 million gallons of water every day... sorry, inside joke.

But the view down the Catawba from a few thousand feet in the air was pretty cool too.











One of the hardest things was trying to figure out where we were... When we passed over this intersection, I studied it for a minute and thought, "Wait! I know this one..." It is very sad when you can recognize an intersection from the air because you've driven through it enough times to know it's where US-74 West splits off Interstate 85 near the South Carolina border. (That objects coming into the picture is a propeller -- and they are VERY loud.)

But when we finally got over the mountains, and passing over Beech Mountain, I was able to pretty quickly spot my parents' house from the air (literally in the center of the picture) and kinda chuckled at the novelty of it.

Two hours later, I was in Banner Elk, going to candlelight service at their church before driving on back home.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers