Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gifts

So one of the hardest things about Christmas is trying to figure out what to give people. My parents are usually the most difficult to buy for, but fortunately I have been well informed this year. My kids are pretty easy -- but keeping all of their wants under control is usually the hard part.


No, for me, I am most challenged by what to give myself -- from my kids and otherwise. So I try to use it as a time to figure out what things would be most memorable as something they gave me. Plus it can be a time to splurge on something new. One of the contributing factors to the self-gift problem is that usually just get stuff when the mood hits me.

So this year, I've been thinking about getting a new TV -- one of those new fangled three dimensional televisions. But it's like trying to figure out what kind of car you want -- so many distinctions, features, brands, this and that. Was talking to Drew about this difficulty, and he offered this gem: "Dad, I know you're style is to be cool right before everyone else thinks something is cool. So you should wait just a little bit longer on the 3D TV."

That seemed to have answered it. Now what?

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers