Sunday, January 31, 2010

Paw Print













I have gotten a number of messages today and yesterday: where are your snow pics... Well, first an admission of my skills and tastes -- I am not very good with the subtleties of white-on-white photography and I don't really like a lot of snow pics. I love ice pics (see my Christmas day pics on Facebook) but the idea that I can capture snow in an interesting way is harder for me. I like the contrasts and I prefer bright colors and warm (not hot) air, which supports my general disposition against wintertime.
But this afternoon, when I got home from Wilmington, it was nice to see the tracks in the snow from the last 24 hours. When I left, I decided to leave my condo unlocked in case a friend or family member lost power and needed a warm place to stay. So I could tell today whether or not anyone had been to my door when I got back. The only tracks were from a cat that must have decided that reading my newspaper would make its day complete.
D90 85mm f/1.4 1/120 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers