Friday, January 15, 2010

Orion

Orion is one of the constellations that you hear about and as a child you wonder why and how they came to be. But I can honestly say that until I put a camera in my hands and started looking up, I never noticed the arrangement of the stars. Orion has been so clear for the last two months -- the belt shining so brightly. And if you think about it, these stars are seen as they are by simply our perspective. In another part of the galaxy, there would be no line, no picture for Orion.


This was a tough picture to get because of the "urban glow" and the need to get the shutter speed right. The slight clouds were catching some of the glow so I played and played until I got it right.

D90 85mm f/1.4 1/1.6 sec exposure ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers