Monday, January 18, 2010

Dark morning sky in Wilmington













Woke up and walked out to my car to leave Wilmington this morning. The first thing I noticed was the slight salt smell in the air -- completely unexpected but oddly rejuvenating. Made me think it was summer, even though it clearly was not. And then to look to the southeastern sky and see the first hints of color made me perk even more up. Yes, it was a gray sky, but you can see how the sun was starting to really burn through and to add color to the bland.

I hate winters -- the lack of light, the cool temperatures, lingering bouts of depression that seem to always come this time of year -- but even though the month is half over, the better days of spring are coming to change the world back into its colors: green, Carolina blue, and the various shades of happiness that people wear with warmer weather.

D90 85mm f/1.4 1/6 sec ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers